Thursday, July 06, 2006

Say you love me...thats all I ask of you


3 months ago, I watched "The phantom of the opera" movie, and was glued to the TV with nothing but love toward the movie. I was hoping that my wife wouldn't see me like that so I sneaked to the living room TV to watch the movie while she was watching her arabic channels. I felt something strange while watching the movie. I found myself moving with emotions and eyes reacting so magically with the screen and the music of the movie. When it was done, i decided not to share my feelings with anyone, fearing the u know look "hummmm bo3bo3, r u turning soft on us?". You know, a bo3bo3 has only his reputation, and that is the scary freaky ugly monster who scares kids and adults, so yes, my reputation was on the line.

Then I moved to indiana, and my heart was itching me to rent the movie and watch it again. I tried to resist, but I really wanted to live that screen and beautiful music. Music such as "All I ask of you" and "the music of the night" just grabbs me and glues my eyes and ears to the TV. Look at me, I am doing it allover again.

So anyway, i decided to get the movie, and watched and watched...and then watched.

I somehow devoloped this love for the mask. I view the mask as being an art. I don't talk about the physical mask, but the imaginary one that we wear. Maybe thats why I was mmmm how do i say this without messing up my evil reputation?...mmmm well thats why I was attaracted to the movie. The story, the music, the agony, the torture, Love, beauty, sweetness of the inside, all of thise were attributes of this movie that just knocked me off my feet.

So what is wrong with me? I gotta keep an eye on my macho manhood label. How can I listen to ziplins, metallica white snake, black sabath, and then...then...then watch the phantom of the opera? Oh but it was so damn beautiful, so please understand what I am going through...."Thats all I ask of you"

This is "thats all i ask of you" song, sung by Raul and Christine

RAOUL
No more talk of darkness,
Forget these wide-eyed fears.
I'm here,
nothing can harm you -
my words will warm
and calm you.
Let me be your freedom,
let daylight dry -your tears.
I'm here, with you,
beside you, to guard you
and to guide you . . .

CHRISTINE
Say you love me
every waking moment,
turn my head
with talk of summer time . . .
Say you need me
with you,
now and always . . .
promise me that all
you say is true -
that's all I askof you . . .

RAOUL
Let me be your shelter,
let mebe your light.
You're safe
No-one will find you
your fears are
far behind you . . .

CHRISTINE
All I want is freedom,
a world with no more night . . .
and you always beside me
to hold me and to hide me . . .

RAOUL
Then say you'll share with me
one love, one lifetime . . .
Iet me lead you
from your solitude . . .
Say you need me
with you
here, beside you . . .
anywhere you go,
let me go too -
Christine,
that's all I ask of you . . .

CHRISTINE
Say you'll share with
me one love, one lifetime . . .
say the word
and I will follow you . . .

BOTH
Share each day with
me, each night, each morning . . .

CHRISTINE
Say you love me . . .

RAOUL
You know I do . . .

BOTH
Love me -that's all I ask of you . . .
Anywhere you golet me go too . . .
Love me -that's all I ask of you . .

CHRISTINE
I must go -they'll wonder where I am . . .wait for me, Raoul!

RAOUL
Christine, I love you!

5 comments:

Linda said...

OMG! Too Bad you are taken ;) I absolutely love this movie. I saw it in the theater and fell in love with it. I bought the soundtrack and the dvd when it came out. and on top of that, my ring tone is the phantom of the opera.

it is such a great story and i think everyone can feel with the phantom because they have experienced some sort of his experience at one point in their lives or another.

i would really love to see the musical on stage one day.

Anonymous said...

Finally, some other people who appreciate how great this movie is! You shouldn't feel ashamed - the musical took the world by storm when it was performed as a stage show. I was lucky enough to see it when I was younger and the music has haunted me ever since. The movie did the original stage show justice, and yet brought it to a wider audience. I thought it would garner widespread acclaim - but it was really underrated.
Nonetheless - love the movie, love the music, and know a whole lot of ppl who do too. :)

Bo3Bo3 said...

Linda
loooool hey i am a muslim and I still have three more rooms in my heart to fill ;)

Seriously, I just feel myself..mmmm maybe floating on air when I listen to it, and suddenly i start shaking my brain cells on every note that is in the song. I hated the end, and I felt that the phantom is a more lover than Raoul, but oh well, i guess there is a meaning for this misery after all. Yes, there are lots of phantoms out there that express the greatest love, yet, a one sided love.

annonymous
I agree, underrated. It is a masterpiece in my opinion in the movie world.

Bo3Bo3 said...

lool will check them out banana, but keep it a secret, we don't the wife see my weaknesses, u know, man ego stuff.

Helen said...

Don't feel ashamed. My guy friends love the songs and they've watched the movie too. And who can deny that these songs are amazing??